Video of the Week: "Skirt Steak Girls" by Blythe Baird

Every Video of the Week I've posted until now has been a song. This week I wanted to change it up and post this incredible poem written by Blythe Baird (the girl in the video). She perfectly voices the feeling me and my feminist friends have discussed so many times before. You're with a bunch of guys that you feel like you can trust, they like you, they are your friends... Until one of them catcalls a passing girl. Or they start to pile rape joke upon rape joke and in a matter of minutes you're angry and disgusted and you want to walk away. I've listened to this poem several times and I cannot get enough of it. If you only watch one YouTube video today, let this be it.
You can follow her on Twitter @blythe_baird

Comments

Popular Posts