She's The Bomb: Rebekah H (OnlyBlackGirl)

I stumbled across Rebekah's blog on Tumblr a few months ago and after reading a few of her posts I followed her. She blogs about social justice issues in America and through her perfect phrasing and explanations I have learned a lot.  She handles harassing anonymous messages with a level of class and cool that I can only hope to achieve. She was raised in Olympia, Washington and is transracially adopted. This means that she was adopted into a white family as a person of color. Rebekah says that this is an important part of her identity and is a big factor in her perspective on the things she blogs about.

She started blogging on Tumblr a little over a year ago and had this advice for people who want to run a successful blog through Tumblr. "Just be yourself. I guess I would consider myself somewhat "successful" if success is measured by follower count, but in all honesty, I didn't set out to get followers and I'm still surprised people actually follow me. I just talked about my life and people apparently related to it." Like I mentioned earlier, Rebekah blogs a lot about social justice issues and has been passionate about social change for a long time. I also asked her if she had a dream job. I learned that she wants to combine her passion for social justice and music together to manage and support artists that don't get a lot of recognition because they don't fit social standards. Rebekah is a fantastically strong-minded individual with a style and flair that is unique to her. I will leave the link to her Tumblr below so you can read her fantastic posts and watch her take on the Internet with extreme grace and fierce beauty. 
Avatar
Rebekah

You can find her on Tumblr here: onlyblackgirl.com

Comments

Popular Posts