Reviving Chicago History with "The Boys and The Nuns"

In 2019, Sandra Delgado (she/her) became the artist-in-residence for Loyola University Chicago's Theatre Department. She has spent the last year working with Loyola's students and staff on devising a brand new play with original songs written by Michael McBride (he/him). The Boys and The Nuns is based on real people and events with a lot of creative liberties and magic touches sprinkled in.



I have been involved in the project since late 2019 when I joined the team as a dramaturg. Currently, I am continuing my work as one of two assistant directors on The Boys and The Nuns. As our time on this production comes to a close, I wanted to talk with my fellow assistant director, Loyola junior Maegan Pate (she/her), to reflect on the experience. 

 

A marketing image for The Boys and The Nuns created and distributed 
by the Loyola University Chicago 
Department of Fine and Performing Arts. 







Comments

Popular Posts